The idea behind the e-motion is simple: You can add the e-motion drive wheels to almost any wheelchair using two discrete adapters. While moving, sensors built into the push rims measure your drive movement and provide you with the desired power. This allows you to move, steer and brake your wheelchair with very little effort. With a weight of only 17 lbs. per drive wheel, the e-motion is one of the lightest active add-on drives available.
BROCHURES AND DOCUMENTS
Discover in the brochure an overview of features, accessories and benefits of the e-motion - download, print and share now!
The downloads also contain additional documents such as user manuals and quick guides.
Simply replace your current wheelchair wheels with the e-motion wheels. The e-motion has a powerful in-hub motor and li-ion batteries.
- Available wheel sizes 22", 24", 25"
- 330 lbs maximum user weight, maximum total system weight 418 lbs
- Electronics and battery integrated in the wheel hub
- 17.1 lbs per wheel (standard version 24")
- Brushed stainless steel push rim
- Increase wheelchair width by ¾” to 1 ½” – depending on model
ECS remote control (Ergonomic Control System) - optional
- Switch the e-motion wheels on and off from a seated position
Buttons easy to operate, even with little force
Easy to read LCD display
Battery indicator in 20% increments
Learning mode for beginners
Rollback delay: Delays the wheelchair from rolling back on slopes for up to 5 seconds to enable repositioning of the hands
- Magnetic connection between the charging cable and the wheels
- Charges both e-motion wheels at the same time
- Automatic adaptation to the mains voltage (100– 240 V)
- Removable power cable
- Electronic charging and switch-off mechanism
- Charge status is indicated by the LEDs on the e-motion wheel and on the battery charger
- Battery charging time approx. 6 h
Added value from smartphone connectivity – the free of charge e-motion mobility app
Thanks to the latest Bluetooth technology, the e-motion M25 can connect to almost any iOs or Android smartphone. This allows a wide range of additional functions and possibilities that significantly expand the benefit and application spectrum of the e-motion:
- Option of 5 pre-defined driving profiles (standard, sensitive, sensitive plus, soft, active)
- Battery status display, speed and distance travelled
- Recording and managing of trips using GPS tracking
- Automatic discharge of batteries for storage or for air travel
- Dealer search, contact option with the Alber Service
- Display of detailed error messages with hints and remedies